Thursday, November 26, 2015

Staithes - most magical village

I am back with new software, new ideas and projects in mind. I was struggling a little bit after my computer was 'lost' but finally I got everything I need to start posting my pictures again. I was not feeling myself when I stopped taking photos but luckily I got back on track.

Now, let me tell you about the most magical village I have seen so far in England...

When we decided we will head North during our short summer break in August I insisted on going to the village which was about 1,5h away from the place where we were supposed to stay. I've seen pictures of Staithes some time ago. It was looking very beautiful - small houses next to each other, nice faded colors and the view over the whole place from the mountain. But... before going everyone was asking me "Are you sure it's going to be that nice as in the pictures?" The thing is you never know until you get there. We decided to take the risk and see if it's worth going there next time... You can imagine that after starting quite late not everyone was as excited to go there as me. Eventually, after getting there they said "Whoa... It was worth it." That's the best compliment you can get when you travel, right? Welcome to Staithes:

*

Wrocilam z nowymi pomyslami na zdjecia i projekty. Mialam troche problemow ze sprzetem po tym jak moj komputer sie 'zgubil', ale nareszcie mam wszystko co potrzeba, zeby moc sie tu z Wami czesciej spotykac, Poza tym nie czulam sie soba kiedy przestalam robic zdjecia. Na szczescie juz jestem z powrotem!

Opowiem Wam o magicznej wiosce, ktora mialam okazje zobaczyc...

Gdy zdecydowalismy sie jechac na polnoc podczas krotkiego sierpniowego urlopu nalegalam, zeby wybrac sie do wioski oddalonej od naszego noclegu o 1,5 h jazdy. Jakis czas temu ogladalam zdjecia Staithes i bardzo mnie one urzekly. Wioska wygladala cudownie - male domki scisniete kolo siebie, przydymione kolory i ten wiodk ze wzniesienia. Ale... Zanim wyruszylismy zostalam zbombardowana pytaniami: 'Myslisz, ze bedzie tak ladnie jak na zdjeciach?' Tak naprawde nigdy sie nie dowiesz dopoki tam nie dojedziesz. Zdecydowalismy sie zaryzykowac i sprawdzic czy warto tam jechac. Wyruszylismy dosyc pozno, wiec nie wszyscy podzielali moj entuzjazm. Za to, gdy dojechalismy powiedzieli 'Mialas racje, bylo warto!' Czy to nie najlepszy komentarz jaki mozna dostac podczas podrozowania? Obejrzyjcie Staithes:







The icing on the cake: when you finally climb to the mountain and you can see the picture of the whole village go to the other side to admire breathtaking sunset and magnificent cliff line.

*

Wisienka na torcie: gdy w koncu wdrapiesz sie na mala gorke, z ktorej widzisz cala wioske popatrz tez w druga strone, gdzie znajduja sie piekne klify, a tamtego dnia cudowny zachod slonca. 


No comments:

Post a Comment